Hi, we’re Host!
We believe your office should allow you to feel comfortable, productive and inspired in your working life. Because when people feel inspired, great things happen.
As the heart of the workplace, you will help foster a sense of community by putting the well-being of others at the forefront. As you collaborate with colleagues to create a culture of support, you will have countless opportunities to inspire moments of delight and pursue amazing outcomes each day.
Are you an experienced front desk, customer service, or guest service agent, receptionist, retail store associate, or hospitality professional? Would you enjoy putting your skills to work in a corporate environment with weekday working hours at a global Fortune-150 firm? With Host, you can join a team that elevates the office experience by delivering world-class services that make coming to work better than it’s ever been.
The Host acts as the heart of the workplace providing personalized services to team members and visitors alike, and administrative support to foster a sense of community.
The individual in this role is the first point of engagement with team members and visitors alike, creating a warm, supportive, and service-oriented atmosphere that enhances the Experience. Responsible for various administrative tasks, are often the first point of engagement with employees and visitors alike.
Duties include managing calls, conference room scheduling, access management, documentation, mail services, etc. May require leadership in meeting planning, general administrative support and projects which may be assigned as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Greets employees, clients, applicants, and visitors. Conducts guest registration through badging software. Arranges escorts as needed. Issues visitor passes and validates parking. Receives and directs incoming calls to appropriate personnel and voicemail.
Manages inbox and room calendars. Assists with scheduling and preparing meeting and conference rooms. Coordinates setup of conference/meetings rooms.
Maintains neat appearance reception area, conference rooms café and other common areas. Requests building and housekeeping services as needed. Periodically inspects common area equipment to ensure good operating condition. Arranges equipment service as needed.
Maintains records and logs of service requests and tracks their status.
Maintains a file of services including transportation sources, accommodations, and referral contacts. May arrange convenience/hospitality services for guests such as transportation, tickets, reservations, etc.
Supports an environment of genuine customer connection. Provides information on local amenities. Acts as an empowered team member, exercising decision-making skills to seek and understand workplace standards.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree or professional hospitality accreditations preferred.
- Prior Customer Service experience required.
- A minimum of 1 year of Front Desk, Concierge, customer service or other hospitality experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the surrounding area and all recreational, hospitality and business related information.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
- Warm and engaging demeanor and has the ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- Utilizes a high level of attention to detail as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Has a positive attitude and a strong sense of urgency in resolving any issues that may arise.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, handheld mobile technologies and applications.
- Good organizational and strong problem-solving skills. Highly adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules based on office needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Highly adaptable and flexible. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work requiring significant walking or through other means of mobility. Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time. Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull and frequently lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift/move up to 40 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training.
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times.
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing, and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: