Workplace Experience Supervisor
Hi, we’re Host!
We believe your office should allow you to feel comfortable, productive and inspired in your working life. Because when people feel inspired, great things happen.
As the heart of the workplace, you will help foster a sense of community by putting the well-being of others at the forefront. As you collaborate with colleagues to create a culture of support, you will have countless opportunities to inspire moments of delight and pursue amazing outcomes each day.
With Host, you can join a team that elevates the office experience by delivering world-class services that make coming to work better than its ever been.
The Experience Supervisor oversees employees and daily operations to increase individual well-being, personal productivity, and organizational effectiveness.
Host uses people-led, technology-enabled services to connect employees to their environment via their mobile devices, as well as through high-touch services and world-class customer service support.
In this role, you would oversee a team of Hosts who serve as cultural ambassadors, community advocates, and service leaders in their workplace.
The Experience team members you would oversee are responsible for providing services for a building or campus, with the goal of ensuring that operations and processes align with client needs and objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides supervision of delivery of Experience Services.
- Services include, but are not limited to: Concierge, Reception / Switchboard, Room Management, A/V Support, Meeting & Event Management, Community Programs, Meeting Supply Equipment, Food Services, Parking & Commute, Bicycle & Local Shuttle, Supported Employment, Company Store, Pet Programs, Document Services, Mail Services, Record Archiving, Office Supply Management, Moves, Adds, Changes, Furniture and Cable Management, Space Reset, Entrance Screening Protocol and Workplace Onboarding.
- Supervises Hosts assigned to Experience Services, including establishing work schedules, assigning tasks, cross-training staff to perform multiple duties as back-up.
- Maintains records of costs incurred by workplace team activities.
- Ensures all billings for business services are invoiced and billed as required. Seeks ways to reduce costs; implements cost savings programs and procedures to increase efficiency.
- Responds to customer requests and complaints regarding Experience Services.
- Ensures innovative and customized materials are developed and utilized to meet the full Host experience. Utilizes the Host platform and client materials. Ensures client and company materials comply with client and company brand guidelines.
- Oversees, utilizes, and maintains integrity of databases and other digital tools, which may include administration of SharePoint sites or similar associated with service delivery, as requested. Performs audits as necessary. May provide complex reporting. Ensures safety standards are met by those delivery Experience Services; whether company employees or third party service providers.
- Oversee support provided by coordinators/technicians.
- Ensure all vendors used have current proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place, per requirements.
- Maintain relationships with vendors who provide services and goods.
- Ensure orientations are delivered to a high quality standard.
- Assist in the completion of the Service Business Continuity plan.
- May oversee coordination of moves, adds, and changes (MAC).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required or equivalent combination of education and experience (equivalent work experience = 2 years experience for every year of higher level education). Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or other relevant vocational training preferred.
Minimum of 4+ years of related (e.g. Front Desk, Concierge, Hospitality, Room Management, or Customer Service) roles preferred.
- Prior experience with customer service highly preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches, and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
- Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- Utilize a high level of attention to detail as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a positive attitude and a strong sense of urgency in resolving any issues that may arise.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, OneNote, Outlook, etc. Comfortable with and embracing of new technologies and digital tools; such as Apps, databases, financial management, work order management, social networking, cloud technologies, handheld mobile technologies and applications, and communications.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules based on office needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Highly adaptable and flexible. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work requiring significant walking or through other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull and frequently lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift/move up to 40 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause mid-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
- Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training.
- Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times.
- Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing, and assessment, etc.
- Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
As a Supervisor / Manager:While adhering to all HSE requirements established for CBRE employees, supervisors and managers are required to:
- Provide sufficient distraction free time for employees to complete all required HSE training & support the HSE training program implicitly.
- Investigate and resolve (if possible) all reported unsafe conditions / acts and communicate results back to the affected stakeholders.
- Support stop work authority when it is exercised in good faith.
- Communicate any / all potential workplace hazards and workplace procedures.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: